Thursday, January 27, 2011

All You Need Is One Happy Thought

It’s been a rough few days around our house with sick kids and a sick mommy and the general feeling of oh-my-God-Daddy-is-still-going-to-be-gone-for-five-more-months.  As it goes with those kinds of things, though, I’ve had some really bright spots (between the puking and the snot and the crying).
I don’t completely understand how it works, but it always seems that in my saddest/pitiful/darkest moments, something always happens to pull me out of it--an unexpected phone call from an old friend, the discovery of a new kind of cookie, or seeing the sun break through the clouds after days of rain.  It really is the little things.
Just this week, I’ve stumbled across some things that really kept me sane, and I thought it best to share them with you:
I don’t even know what this is, but I laughed: Marcel the Shell
This has been circulating all over Facebook.  After I shared it, I watched it again.  Maybe five or six times: Stairs
This song, although somewhat melancholy, makes me happy: Naked
This song/video always makes my day better: REGINA!
I affectionately refer to my stomach as the “Kate Gosselin belly” after birthing two giant babies, and this is possibly the most beautiful thing ever (I’d suggest surfing around the blog--really great stuff!): The Shape of a Mother

Just now as I was posting this two things happened:

1) The electricity went out for about half an hour, so I jumped in the shower while I couldn't do anything on the internet.  When I got dressed, my Thursday underwear were on top of the stack.  It's always a good day when I don't have to search through the drawer for my days-of-the-week underwear.

2) When Ben saw my underwear, he said, "Mommy, your undies are pink!  With a turtle!"  Yes, Ben.  You are so right.

I have had a headache all morning--like the kind where when I move my head in any direction, it feels like my brain is actually ping-ponging against my skull--so I spent the morning lying on the floor doing puzzles and putting together Megablocks with Ben.  I had a million things I "needed" to do, but even with the headache, the morning was pretty damn spectacular.


1 comment:

  1. Loved Marcel and Stairs. Marcel is just a cutie patootie and Stairs makes me wish all things were fun.

    ReplyDelete